Chef | Presenter
Bela Gil is a chef, activist, writer and presenter. She highlights the importance of healthy and conscious eating through many projects on television, social networks and by giving cooking classes and lectures across the country. Bela is the host of the programs Bela Cozinha, Vida Mais Bela e Refazenda, produced by GNT channel and all audience successes, where she receives celebrities, small producers and specialists in natural food.
With over 2.5 million followers on her social networks, Bela, seeking to strengthen the relationship with the public, the chef has launched her channel on Youtube. There, all topics related to healthy living, conscious consumption, motherhood and, of course, real food are covered.
Bela raises the flag of quality food every day at everyone’s table. She joined partners that also share the same north and launched products with Mãe Terra, organic cane molasses with Monama, organic brownie with Luiz’s Brownie, organic oil with Andorinha and a paste soap with babassu coconut eye. She has a collection of diapers and cloth absorbers and a mine crib with Morada da Floresta, recently launched absorbent panties with Korui and a collection with Cantão inspired by the prints and textures she loves.
The chef also shares her knowledge in the books Bela Cozinha – Receitas, Bela Cozinha 2 and Bela Cozinha – Ingredientes do Brasil and Bela Cozinha da Raiz a Flor, and also the book Bela Maternidade about her experience with the maternity of her two children . More than 500 thousand copies have already been sold in Brazil and Portugal and several prizes have been won, such as the best Brazilian cuisine book by a new author at the Gourmand International Awards and the best Brazilian cuisine photography book in 2015. The third book, Ingredientes do Brasil, was nominated for the Jabuti Prize in the gastronomy category in 2017.
Bela supports several social projects and does her part leading Bela Infância, a project that teaches children from public and private schools across Brazil to eat better and fight childhood obesity. Bela is also an advisor to Gastromotiva NGO, Atá Institute, among others, such as Comida Invisivel, Slowfood, Greenpeace and Fairtradebrasil. Faced with so many achievements, Bela Gil received in 2016 the Order of Merit for Gastronomy, and in 2019 the FAO Zero Hunger Champion and the July 2nd Commendation.
- Refazenda com Bela Gil | 2020 | GNT | Presenter
- Vida Mais Bela | 2017–2019 | GNT | Presenter
- Bela Cozinha | 2014–18 | GNT | Presenter
- Healthy Eating Course | Curseria
- Canal da Bela’s Channel | 2016–atual | Youtube
- Bela Cozinha 4 – Da raiz à flor: Um novo olhar sobre os ingredientes do dia a dia | 2019 | Globo
- Bela Maternidade | 2018 | Sextante
- Bela Cozinha 3 – Ingredientes do Brasil | 2016 | Globo
- Bela Cozinha 2 – As Receitas | 2015 | Globo
- Bela Cozinha 1 – As Receitas | 2014 | Globo
- FAO Zero Hunger Champion | 2019
- July 2nd Commendation from da Bahia’s Legislative Assembly | 2019
- Order of Merit for Gastronomy | 2016
- Nominated in the category of Gastronomy for Jabuti Prize | 2017 | Ingredientes do Brasil
- Best brazilian cuisine photography book | 2015 | Bela Cozinha 2
- Best Brazilian cuisine book from a new author for Gourmand International Awards | 2015 | Bela Cozinha 1